Feedback Thoughts

If you are not making enough mistakes, you aren't taking enough risks.
In the Papova article, She discusses how beneficial making a mistake can be. In my perspective, making mistakes is one of the best ways for me to understand how something works. Being able to recognize them is what helps a person grow. I also see recognizing mistakes as some sort of conditioning exercise. Personally, getting something wrong makes me want to work harder at fixing my mistake.

The other article about fixed mindsets discusses how current doctors, med students, and pre-med students are immersed in a fixed mindset. As a pre-med student, I could easily connect with this; It was so hard for me to learn how to get out of a fixed mindset. Coming from two immigrant parents, it was even harder. Growing up, making an A wasn't recognized as an accomplishment, it was expected. Having this type of mindset is a huge factor in burnout rates.

Source: Growth Mindset Memes
The best feedback experiences I've had are from those that aren't scared of holding back. Multiple times, I've gotten different ranges of feedback, sometimes even coming from the same assignment; while the positive ones are nice to hear, they don't provide much help.

Comments