Storybook Plan

Sita, Retold

The main idea I want to explore is the retelling of the Agni Parikchya and Sita's journey through it with three powerful women by her side: Durga, Saraswati, and Ganga. 

Sita is supposed to represent power and virtue, and I want to write more about how she sticks up for herself starting from her kidnapping to when she goes through a trial by fire. After going through the trauma of being kidnapped, it is hard to imagine being asked to go through such a thing, but willingly, Sita accepts. 

Rather than being easily pushed over, I  plan to make Sita's character harder in the sense that she sticks up for herself as well as what she believes in.

The three stories I will be using are three different scenarios of the same case. One scenario with Durga, the reincarnation of Kali by her side, one with Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge, art, wisdom, and learning, and one with Ganga, the goddess of the Ganges river. 

Some of the styles that I am looking into is an alternating narrative between Sita and the story's respective goddesses. 

Possible sources I'm looking into include: 


Comments