Famous Last Words--Week 9

My best writing this week was probably my Sita/Durga story. I had a lot of fun mixing how Durga was created with how Sita was empowered, by giving Sita the same weapons the Gods gave Durga to fight an evil entity. The reason I used gifting weapons as a form of empowerment is that Durga was the one gifting them. For those of you who don't know, Durga is the goddess of war. And to top that, the sole purpose for her creation was that she can go off and fight somebody that the Gods couldn't. They gifted her with several weapons to use in battle, so I thought it would be fitting for Durga to regift those to Sita because fighting is what she knows best. A story that I enjoyed reading was the mash-up of the NBA and Ramayana. I love how well the author blended the two stories together.  He even blended characters names like 'LaRama' as a blend of Lebron James and Rama. He also did very well in explaining the story in the author's note, for people like me, who cant see the connection to basketball.  Outside of school has been going great, I have just been sitting in the house for the past two weeks, but I recently started going on walks with my dad to get some fresh air, so that's nice. This week has mainly been about catching up and getting used to everything being online. For the most part, it's been okay. I am working towards being more organized with my checklist method that I've adopted a while back. Springing into the upcoming week, I am hoping to get a better handle on things. Being at home is different in several ways, one of the biggest being CHORES. I'm used to cleaning up after myself, which isn't time-consuming since I only cook once in a while. Here, my mom cooks almost every day, so I have lots and lots of dishes... almost every day. But I'm starting to get used to it again, so it's not too bad!


Post image
Famous Thinking Tree. Source

Comments

  1. Hi Ida,

    I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on your Sita/Durga story. I really enjoyed reading the original, so I definitely wanted to see what your opinion of it was. I absolutely loved how you gave the weapons to Sita, it definitely was an empowering moment. I also like how you explained that Durga was the goddess of war. Excited to read more of your work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment