Reading Notes: Jatakas

Twenty Jataka Tales
Noor Inayat (Khan)

The Golden Feathers 

The mother of this story was very selfish. I can see some parallels with greed, maybe even gambling! She took her chances on taking all the feathers, and instead of gold, they were worth nothing! I'm glad that the father ended!


Swan Kingdom

I love the imagery in this story! I also thought it was cool to write about loyalty in this way. At least, I think it's about loyalty? The chief was very hesitant to go to the lake, and he was right. On top of that, he didn't agree to leave his king's side. Even if that meant he would get captured!


The Goblin Town
This is the other Jataka story--or something similar! For some reason, I don't remember the horse that came from the sea, but I did read it a long time ago. I also really liked this story from the past as well! To me, it reads like it's about setting lust aside to trust your companions.


Image result for goblin
Source: Dreams Time

Comments