Jakata Reading A

W.H.D. Rouse. The giant crab and other tales from old India. 

The Hypocritical Cat

What's crazy to me is that these rats didn't notice until the chief was missing faces! I wonder how they couldn't hear the Cat killing their comrades? Even though the setting is clearly stated at a riverside, I can also picture this story happening in the bustle of a large city; Manhattan, DC, etc. It would also make sense for the way that killed the first few times without getting caught! When the Cat got caught up with the chief, I was surprised he was able to overcome the cat! I guess what he lacks in size he makes up for in smarts.  If I were to rewrite this story, I would explain more how the rats felt, and maybe even get the chief to save a rat to spice it up. The cat definitely should have been more careful if he didn't want to get caught. I mean, he was pretty much eating up the rats every day!

The Goblin and the Sneeze
You know those horror movies with the big, scary house? Where people normally approach it at nighttime, in the fog? That's the see this story taking place. I guess its all the talk about goblins that gets me to picture this, hah.  I feel like this would be a story my mom would tell me when I was younger, to make sure I said bless you after I heard a sneeze. I wonder though If the Goblin eats bystanders as well? What if someone sneezes and the other says bless you, and the sneezer blesses him back? What happens to those who didn't say bless you, if there were more than two people? I like how the son chose to befriend the goblin though! I also wonder what the dad was feeling when the Goblin was inches away from his throat, it didn't describe if he was nervous or not when he responded to his sons 'bless you'.


Tom and Jerry: 80 years of cat v mouse - BBC News
Source: BBC

Comments