Jakata Reading B


W.H.D. Rouse. The giant crab and other tales from old India. 

Spend a pound to win a penny
With just the title, this story sounds like it could be about gambling. I see a lot happening with this story. When the mouse is just focused on one pea, he loses so much more. Although he's losing all these peas, he only focuses on the one. I think that this story could be trying to tell us not to focus so much on our losses because the time and energy wasted on that wouldn't be noticed, but it would still be wasted. Maybe if the monkey figured out how that one pea fell and tried to prevent it from happening again, that energy would be converted into something positive. What's funny to me is that they weren't even his pea to begin with, so he shouldn't have been so worked up about it. In the end, I'm glad he realized it was one pea. I like the title of this story! Now I know that it wasn't about gambling, but once I finished reading the story, the title still resonates with me.


Pride Must have a fall
The GOOSE CHEATED!!! It's funny since he's king, he could do whatever he wants. He made her his wife (the black crow), but to me he still cheated. Poor lady goose :(.  I feel bad for the son though, streaky. It's funny that he is grand among the crows, but his goose brothers cant even stand the sight of him. Streaky also thinks the boys are rude, and I don't think he likes them very much. He doesn't even notice his own indiscretions though, like him not saying bye to his on mother. Even the geese said bye! I still feel a little bad for him though, he was just a kid! If his dad didn't like the way he acted, he should have taught him to do better instead of sending him back to go to his mom. I also didn't like how the dad blamed the sons behavior on his mom. If he wanted to be more present, it was well within his right! Streaky has two parents after all, so the Goose King should be getting half of the blame.


Cute Cartoon Three Peas in a Pod - Peapod - Sticker | TeePublic
Source: Graphic River

Comments