Reading: Jakarta Tales, B

Stories 
The Hawks and their Friends
Ellen C Babbit

I think this story was really interesting. To me, it sounded like there is strength within a spectrum of friends. The Hawks' friends saved their babies collaboratively. From a turtle to a lion, they all had something to conclude in driving the hunters away. When They initially asked the turtle for help, I was a bit surprised. But, he used his wit, and lead the hunters into the water

The Stolen Plow
From each Jakata tale I've read, it seems like there is a good moral behind it. When I read this story, I couldn't tell the moral behind it. I think it's a little weird how the judge pretty much equated a young boy's life to a plow. I mean, he let the village trader keep the boy until his plow was returned to him, that's really crazy!

Beauty and the Brownie
I wonder why the Deer know abut the traps but continue to try and eat the corn each year. I feel like at some point they should know not to go into the cornfields. I feel like the importance of this story is the power of listening.  One dear, Beautie, listened to their father and all his dear came back unscathed. Brownie, however, didn't listen to what his father said and nearly all of his deer got killed.

Amazon.com: Cute Sleepy Lazy Deer Cartoon Vinyl Sticker (12" Wide ...
Sleppy deer. Source

Comments