Story Lab: Pandemic

6 Words
The only future: yesterday, today, tomorrow.

2 Sentences
It feels brand new, but it happened so gradually. Although we knew it was coming, some just chose to ignore it.


Authors note: I wanted to write. about the pandemic without actually writing about the pandemic. In my first story, I'm not trying to make it sound like doomsday. It's just that with all the cancellations going around, the only futures/plans I can really hold on to are the short term plans. For example, my MCAT was scheduled for May. They've canceled exam dates in March, and just recently they have canceled all of April.  With everything that's going on, I can't even be certain that I can take my exam in May. Summer classes are set to be online as well. It's tough to be certain about what the future will look like. For my second story, I wanted to express how all of the changes make things seem new. But really this has been happening for a long time, we just chose to start acting a bit later.
Watchful waiting - Experts predict that covid-19 will spread more ...
Watchful waiting. Source:The Economist



Comments

  1. Ida,

    Although I see, hear, and talk about the you-know-what nonstop, I still like to read other peoples' perspectives on the whole thing, especially fellow classmates and colleagues. You pointed out that it's been around for a long time, but we're only just now recognizing it. I know the virus started around December in China, so it took what... three months for it to circle around to us? It's hard to say whether or not that was a long time or actually really quick, because our world is so big and there's so many people. Relaying messages around the world isn't easy, especially when to us, at the time, it didn't seem important enough because we weren't affected by it... yet. Just so many takes on this momentous time in history! It's quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment